Our policies reflect decisions that consider federal, state and local laws, insurance coverage, guests safety, and the protection of our facilities, wildlife, and the environment. They are provided to assist visitor planning and lodging selection. Questions and clarification are encouraged.
1. Rates: $110 – $210 room and cottage rates are based on double occupancy and include a light continental breakfast. Charges for additional guest(s) are $15.00 per night for children under 12 years old, and $25.00 per night for adults and children 12 years and older.
a. Children and Infants: For the safety and welfare of children, no children guests under 3 years old are allowed at Sugar Pine Ranch. All exceptions to this policy must be approved by management at the time reservations are made.
b. Breakfast: In response to guest requests for a fast and light breakfast, a light continental breakfast is provided.
c. Room Taxes & Surcharges: A 10% Occupancy Room Tax, a $4.50 per night energy surcharge, and a $4.75 per stay surcharge for government regulatory compliance are charged in addition to room and other charges.
d. Special Needs Facilities Use Fee: Use fees apply to any use of Sugar Pine Ranch equipment and staff, such as pool lift, shuttle cart, etc. required for special needs. Such fees are quoted at the time such needs are identified to SPR management and are a requirement of any such use. Some uses, such as a pool lift, may require a physician’s approval and Statement of User’s Qualifications to operate a user self-controlled pool lift and to be in an unattended public pool, including the number and qualifications of people required to assist User in and out of the water to complete transfers onto and off of lift, too supervise all water activity, and the appropriateness and suitability of a bench lift only with seat belt, foot rest, and arm rests. A Hold Harmless Agreement is also required for User operated equipment. All users must agree to follow all posted safety rules.
2. Check-in: Check-in time at the Ranch is 3:00 – 9:00 p.m. All guest must first register to obtain their room key.
a. Early Arrival: Early arrivals may register and obtain room key(s) at Sugar Pine Ranch; the Desk clerk can make arrangements to store bags at the ranch if needed. No exceptions – check-in before check-in time will only be possible if all housekeeping measures have been completed.
b. Late Arrival: Late arrivals must make arrangements ahead of time by calling Sugar Pine Ranch for confirmation, and to obtain late check-in instructions. Arrivals after 10:00 p.m. are discouraged to avoid disrupting sleeping guests, and to avoid getting lost after lights-out on street signage. Note: Car navigation and GPS directions on most systems are inaccurate in rural areas.
3. Check-out: Check-out time is not later than 11:00 a.m. Guests wishing to stay later (to use pool or other facilities) must confer with management for possible arrangements.
a. Late Check Out: If you wish to keep your room beyond check-out time, please confer with management for a possible extension and for storage of luggage and other belongings.
4. Smoking: For everyone’s comfort and fire safety – NO SMOKING anywhere on Ranch property is permitted unless an official safe smoking area, clearly marked, has been provided.
a. Smoking Charge: All guests who smoke in their room will be charged $250.00 for smoke abatement and oder quality restoration measures. Please, absolutely no smoking in or around any room, on trails, or any place of public gathering. Public health and wild fire prevention are everyone’s responsibility.
5. Pets: For the safety of wildlife, pets, and guests – NO PETS are allowed, please.
a. A fee for pet residue found in rooms of $350 will be charged for room clean-up and decontamination.
b. Service dogs are allowed by law upon disclosure of the service provided and all special needs disclosed that The Inn at Sugar Pine Ranch are to and can meet. False representations are a crime and will be reported to prosecuting authorities.
6. Payment Guarantee: Rooms must be guaranteed by credit card for a minimum of one night. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, Diner’s Club, Traveler’s checks and cash.
a. Damage to or abuse of the facilities or property, as well as, missing Inn property will be charged according to cleaning, repair or replacement costs.
7. Online Availability and Reservations: A secure, encrypted server is ready to take your reservation. Click here for reservations. Online requests will be confirmed via email within 24 hours.
8. Cancellation Policy: For reservations made within 72 hours of intended arrival, the deadline for cancellation is 6:00 p.m. on the date of arrival. One nights lodging will be charged if guest has not registered by check-out time the day following the scheduled arrival date, or properly canceled the reservation by contacting guest services, and having been provided with a cancellation confirmation number.
a. Standard Cancellation: At least 48 hours notice from 6:00 p.m. on the scheduled arrival date is required. A $25.00 processing fee applies. If the same room or another is rescheduled at the time of cancellation no fees will be charged – one time only. Full rate is charged with less than a 48-hour notice unless the room is rebooked. If re-booked, a $25.00 processing fee still applies.
b. Prime-time: Prime-time applies to all major holidays, 3-day holiday weekends, long-lead-time (greater than 60 days) advance reservations (while seasonal rates are in effect,) group bookings, and special events. At least 30 days notice from 6:00 p.m. on the scheduled arrival date is required; 60 days for long-lead-time reservations. The full room rate for one night per reserved room(s) will be charged with less then the required cancellation notice (30 or 60 days). A $35 processing fee applies. Prime-time reservations require a deposit, usually in the amount of the full room rate plus the processing fee. Charges will be taken from deposit amounts first. the difference between deposit and total charges either debited or credited to the guarantee credit card.
c. 3-day Holiday Weekend Minimum Stay Policy: A minimum two-night stay is required on major 3-day holiday weekends, unless waved due to prevailing or special circumstances. Contact Guest Services for policy conformation and possible exceptions.
d. New Year’s Holiday Cancellation Policy: Cancellations with less than a 30- day notice will be charged a minimum of one night’s stay and all cancellations will be charged a $25.00 processing fee.
e. Stay Cancellation – Early Departure: Departures earlier than reserved departure date for stays while seasonal rates are in effect are subject to a minimum charge of one night’s stay per rented room unless a minimum of 24 hours notice is given to Guest Services. The charge will be waived if the guest’s room(s) can be rented prior to guest departure.
9. Lost Room Keys: A $25.00 replacement fee will be charged per key for lost keys at check-out time or when a replacement key is requested. For keys left in rooms after check-out, the fee will be charged the next day after check-out if housekeeping was unable to locate the room key on the check-out day. A lost key charge refund will be issued to guests charged for lost key(s) for keys found and returned to Sugar Pine Ranch.
10. Over-the-top Room Cleaning Requirement: A fee of $50 will be charged for extreme room and laundry cleaning requirements exceeding normal and customary use.
11. Special Events & Group Bookings: We do not plan or take responsibility for putting together events or group activities. Our facilities are available for such, but we require a coordinator or planner to take responsibility for making arrangements. We work with coordinators and planners to ready our facilities, and too direct and facilitate onsite logistics as required. We assist during the events or activities with manpower, knowledge of our facilities required to keep activity running smoothly, parking, and security. Normally, hosting special events or activities requires booking the entire facility. Arrangements should be addressed well in advance.